Monday, January 25, 2010

The Escapists!

Lots of posts this morning... I just discovered this comic book novel, The Escapists, which I am very excited about.  Usually not so excited about comic book novels, although I do read them every once in a while and am sometimes surprisingly pleased with what I find.  But from reading the first couple of pages on Amazon, this one looks amazing.

Based in the world of Michael Chabon's wonderful novel, The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay, The Escapist takes place a generation after Chabon's novel.  The narrator discovers his father was a collector of Escapist comic books (the Escapist was the super hero created by the eponymous characters of Chabon's novel), and decides to ressuscitate the long dead super hero.  The premise looks fantastic, as does the artwork.  Plus, it was just re-released in a relatively inexpensive softcover.  I'm in!

No comments:

Post a Comment